The ruins of the Big Synagogue built in 1718 can be found in a quiet courtyard right in the centre of Berezhany. The building (or the ruins?) is in a terrible condition now.
The st. Trynity Greek-Catholic Church stands across the square from the museums-city hall with the Apostles Peter and Paul in stone looking at us from the church's facade. It was built in 17th c. and survived many reconstructions (1748-1768, 1810, 1830, 1860). In 1831, the Image of the Virgin, presented to the town of Berezhany by the Roman Pope himself, joined the Apostles on the facade.
A big monument to the great Ukrainian poet Taras Shevchenko stands near the church.
The Armenian church built in 1764 by Deodat Gorbach on the place of previous wooden church, hides behind the Holy Trinity Church. In the past there were defensive walls around this church. Unfortunately, this small but in many respects remarkable church was used as a storehouse and a school gym(!!!) for many years and this, quite an unchurchly function, has hardly improved the church's appearance.
The oldest surviving church in Berezhany is that of the Virgin Mary. Its construction was completed in 1600 but there are still some Gothic features in its architecture. The church was also used as a defensive building. The church's tile roof can be seen from afar.